Last week I made my best albums of 2010 list halfway list. I had a lot of albums I had been listening to, and was unimpressed by most of them. But since then…I took some good recommends from you readers and did some exlporing on my own and found some great albums I had neglected to pick up and some albums I had no idea had even been released. This list does not replace the previous list…nor is it the next best…it’s an addendum…for further exploration.
Here are 11 More Best Albums of 2010 (so far):
1. Arcade Fire – The Suburbs (epic release from one our generations’s best) – only $3.99 for this week!!
2. Anais Mitchell with Justin Vernon – Hadestown (a folk-rock opera…too good to ignore) – only $5.00
3. Menomena – Mines (amazing step forward for this indie rock outfit)
4. O. Childen – O. Children (If Nick Cave sang for Interpol)
5. Gayngs – Relayted (Another Justin Vernon side-project…everything he touches is gold)
6. Flying Lotus – Cosmogramma (stunning DJ mix-mash-jumble-up) – only $5.00!!
7. Jay Bennett – Kicking At The Perfumed Air (…and it’s free)
8. Tame Impala – InnerSpeaker (grand indie melodies – a little freaky…but not folky)
9. Ted Leo & The Pharmacists – The Brutalist Bricks (there’s something to be said for consistency)
10. Delphic – Acolyte (great electronica that borders on trance…but never goes overboard)
11. 22-20s – Shake/Shiver/Moan (straight-up Euro alternative rock) –only $4.89 right now!!