One of the signs that a band or artist is truly unique is if it is impossible to cover their songs and do the material justice. Artists like Bob Dylan, Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Guns N Roses, even the Beastie Boys have such distinct styles that are so-intricately infused with their personalities that is it virtually impossible for another artist to come along and mirror that originality. I think this is a sign of a truly great artist. To create your own voice that is so distinct, you know a song or a voice the instant you hear it. Today’s pop music is so bland, that there is no difference between the artists. The singers are interchangeable with the music. Lady Gaga could swap songs with Justin Bieber and there would be no difference in the quality of the recordings. Even an artist like Danger Mouse that doesn’t even sing, has a style so unique and distinct, his vision is felt on every song he touches, proving that being original still matters.
Here are the 11 Best albums by Danger Mouse:
1. Jay-Z/The Beatles – The Grey Album
2. Gnarls Barkley – St. Elsewhere
3. Danger Mouse and Jemini – Ghetto Pop Life
4. Beck – Modern Guilt
5. Gorillaz – Demon Days
6. The Black Keys – Attack and Release
7. Sparklehorse and Danger Mouse – Dark Night of the Soul
8. Martina Topley-Bird – The Blue God
9. The Good, The Bad, & The Queen – The Good, The Bad, and the Queen
10. Gnarls Barkley – The Odd Couple
11. Danger Doom – The Mouse and the Mask
Buy Danger Mouse & Danielle Luppi’s new album, ROME. now!!
Fun Fact: In 2006, Danger Mouse and famed graffiti artist, Bansky, secretly replaced 500 copies of Paris Hilton’s dance album “Paris” on record shelves with a mock album featuring one 40-minute song filled with Paris Hilton sound bites.