The Antlers sounds like someone smashed Radiohead and Sigur Ros together. A very underrated band who has slipped through the cracks for too long. Hot Leg is Justin Hawkins new band…long live glam metal! Samantha Crain is the anti-Neko Case (or at least a better version). The Veils, Papercuts, and Other Lives are the indie equivalent of the bands carrying on the Coldplay/U2 sound. Cymbals, Cut Off Hands, and Magic are some great upbeat indie rock. J. Tillman and Woods are this year’s Fleet Foxes. Yeah, yeah…I know Tillman is in Fleet Foxes.
I hope you discover something new and great with this list….
The 11 Best Albums of 2009…that you’ve never heard:
1. The Antlers – Hospice (Sylvia)
2. Samantha Crain – Songs In the Night (Devil’s In Boston)
3. Cymbals Eat Guitars – Why Are There Mountains
4. The Veils – Sun Gangs (Sit Down By The Fire)
5. Woods – Songs Of Shame
6. Cut Off Your Hands – You & I (You & I)
7. Hot Leg – Right Light Fever (Gay in the 80s)
8. Papercuts – You Can Have What You Want
9. Here We Go Magic – Here We Go Magic (Only Pieces)
10. Other Lives – Other Lives (It Was The Night)
11. J. Tillman – Vacilando Territory Blues (No Occassion)
Buy these albums now! HERE.