One of the original points of this blog was to do a retrospective of a band leading up to their most recent release. Only on a rare occassion would I include a new song, but mostly it was a guide to a band’s material up until this point. The only time, I side-stepped that rule was when a band would release their own retrospective. Material on my list would naturally cross over with the tracklist of the release. This is especially true in the case of Wilco. Having heard 95% of these songs over the past two decades, there’s nothing new to report except to chronicle the contents. The retrospective is the retrospective. A few songs didn’t make it onto Wilco’s 77-track rare songs LP but for the most part, this set is as exhaustive as they come.
Here are the 11 Best Rare Tracks By Wilco:
- Promising (Chelsea Walls Soundtrak)
- Glad It’s Over (Heroes Soundtrack)
- Any Major Dude Will Tell You (Me, Myself, & Irene Soundtrack)
- Panthers (A Ghost Is Born Deluxe Edition)
- Bob Dylan’s 49th Beard (Yankee Hotel Foxtrot Bonus CD)
- One Hundred Years From Now (Return of the Grievous Angel)
- Blasting Fonda (Outtasite)
- Thirteen (Big Star, Small World)
- True Love Will Find You In The End (Daniel Johnston Tribute)
- Message From Mid-Bar (The Whole Love Bonus EP)
- A Magazine Called Sunset (Yankee Hotel Foxtrot Bonus CD)
Buy Wilco’s new Rare Tracks Set, Alpha Mike Foxtrot…now!
Don’t forget to check out our blog’s awesome new book The 111 Best Lists of the 2000s. Available now! (featuring Wilco)