Been on vacation for the past two weeks…so not as much time to commit to the posting as usual.
One catch up I had to do was a Buddy Holly post. With the crazy good new tribute album out, I had to do a list for one rock’s trailblazing original stars. Buddy Holly had everything: geek appeal, hooky songs, was poppy enough to be mainstream but edgy enough to push off parents. He had charm and charisma. And as much as he came off as the boy next door, there was a side of him that he was the rebel who you didn’t want near your teenage daughter. Yes, the plane crash made him the first true rock n roll tragedy. But if he wasn’t as brilliant as he was…then the crash would not have meant as much as it did. Fifty…yes, fifty years later, his songs have ripened with age…and may even be better now than they were when they came out.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By Buddy Holly:
1. Everyday (Buddy Holly)
2. Rave On (Buddy Holly)
3. Oh Boy! (The “Chirping” Crickets)
4. Blue Days, Black Nights (That’ll Be The Day)
5. Rock Around With Ollie Vee (That’ll Be The Day)
6. That’ll Be The Day (The “Chirping” Crickets)
7. True Love Ways (The Buddy Holly Story 2)
8. Not Fade Away (The “Chirping” Crickets)
9. Peggy Sue (Buddy Holly)
10. You’re So Square (Buddy Holly)
11. It’s So Easy (The Buddy Holly Story)
Buy the new Buddy Holly tribute album…Rave On!