Built To Spill gets no respect. Without BTS…there would be no Modest Mouse. Without Modest Mouse…there would be no 764-HERO…or I mean there would no Against Me!
They were the unsung Pink Floyd of grunge. The King Crimson of Seattle. The ugly Sonic Youth. The were everything but poppy. And when I mean poppy…I don’t mean Camera Obscura poppy…I mean Black Eyed Peas post-Fergie poppy. Lesson to be learned…you can’t be successful if you don’t sound like crap.
Here are the 11 Best Built To Spill Songs:
1. Car (There’s Nothing Wrong With Love)
2. Carry The Zero (Keep It Like A Secret)
3. Nowhere Nothin’ Fuckup (Ultimate Alternative Wavers)
4. Big Dipper (There’s Nothing Wrong With Love)
5. You Were Right (Keep It Like A Secret)
6. Goin’ Against Your Mind (You In Reverse)
7. Made-Up Dreams (Perfect From Now On)
8. Get A Life (Ultimate Alternative Wavers)
9. Stab (There’s Nothing Wrong With Love)
10. Broken Chairs (Keep It Like A Secret)
11. Out of Site (Perfect From Now On)
Buy the new Built To Spill, There Is No Enemy.