Today I met two people who made me feel old. One person told me she never heard of Fleetwood Mac and was shocked that the were popular since she had never heard of them. Granted she was sixteen. The other had never heard of Star Trek…because she doesn’t watch old movies. She was 25. I get that the younger generation doesn’t appreciate what has come before them. Sometimes I blame it on parenting, other times, I know kids just need to mature to appreciate the finer things in life. Or, these people are just idiots. I’ll give the 16-year-old a free pass for Fleetwood Mac But not knowing Star Trek? The reboot is a huge blockbuster…today! Like literally today. I know people only have the capacity to take in what is current but if you don’t have a grasp on what has come before you, you won’t be able to evolve when things change…then you’ll be a nothing more than an obscure pop culture reference yourself.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By CSS:
- Music Is My Hot Hot Sex (Cansei De Ser Sexy)
- City Grrrl (La Liberacion)
- How I Became Paranoid (Donkey)
- I Love You (La Liberacion)
- Hits Me Like A Rock (La Liberacion)
- Superafim (Donkey)
- Rat Is Dead (Donkey)
- Fuckoffs Is Not The Only Thing You Have to Show (Cansei De Ser Sexy)
- Let’s Make Love And Listen To Sex From Above (Cansei De Ser Sexy)
- Move (Donkey)
- Knife (Friend)
Buy Cansei De Ser Sexy’s new album, Planta, now!