A recent article stated that most department stores a la Target, Best Buy, Walmart will completely remove CDs from their shelves by 2014. It’s crazy to imagine that the entire physical element of the music industry will be gone in less than three years. It will exist in space, in a place between nowhere and our ears. Some will go kicking and screaming…clutching the physical form until their fingers are pried from its cold dead plastic case. Others have already embraced the future.
This is something I admire about CYHSY…they were one of the first to embrace the internet and use it to their advantage. Without a label, they conquered the music world by manipulating the empty space between our CD players and our headphones. They jumped on the blogosphere and rode it into our hearts. Now, on their third album…they’re not an indie rock underground secret…they’re a main stream staple. Rolling Stone and Spin are pimping CYHSY’s new album…while ignoring Mick Jagger’s newest supergroup. And they did it without needed to buy space on the CD shelves.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By Clap Your Hands Say Yeah:
1. The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth (Clap Your Hands Say Yeah)
2. Is This Love? (Clap Your Hands Say Yeah)
3. In This Home On Ice (Clap Your Hands Say Yeah)
4. Cigarettes (BBC – This Home On Ice)
5. The Sword Song (Some Loud Thunder Bonus Track)
6. Satan Said Dance (Some Loud Thunder)
7. Over and Over (Clap Your Hands Say Yeah)
8. Upon This Tidal Wave Of Young Blood (Clap Your Hands Say Yeah)
9. Graceful Retreat/Some Loud Thunder (KCRW – Morning Becomes Eclectic)
10. Heavy Metal (Clap Your Hands Say Yeah)
11. Mama, Won’t You Keep Them Castles in the Air Burning? (Some Loud Thunder)
Buy the new CYHSY…Hysterical...now!!