Having kids changes what you can listen to. Even a band like Mars Volta might not swear as much as others but it gets hard to prog out in the car with a 3-year-old who is trying to comprehend Cedric’s obtuse verbose with about as much success as a heroin addict trying to fill out a job application. You can’t really listen to pop radio because most of those songs are way more R-Rated than N.W.A. They may not swear…but the subject material is about getting blackout drunk and having threesomes on Friday nights is far more offensive than Ice Cube giving the police the middle finger. Somehow indie rock/pop has risen to the top. Kids like to dance…so something with a beat is always preferable. Then dorky lyrics that don’t make a whole lot of sense except to be corny are always a hit. I’m not saying that all artists should skew their music to the pre-school crowd…but it sure is appreciated so I don’t have to listen to Tyrone, Austin, Pablo, Uniqua, Tasha one more time.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By Hot Chip:
- And I Was A Boy From School (The Warning)
- Ready For A Fall (Made In The Dark)
- Touch Too Much (Made In The Dark)
- No Fit State (The Warning)
- Hand Me Down Your Love (One Life Stand)
- One Pure Thought (Made In The Dark)
- One Life Stand (One Life Stand)
- My Piano (DJ-Kicks)
- Over and Over (The Warning)
- I Feel Better (One Life Stand)
- Take It In (One Life Stand)
Buy Hot Chip’s new album, In Our Heads…now!!!