Every day on Memorial Day, every one I know says something like…”make sure you thank a soldier today.” And though there’s nothing wrong with that, and we should do it, but why do we have to wait until Memorial Day to appreciate our soldiers? Look, I know war sucks. No one wants to ever go to war. And no one ever should. But sometimes…we have no choice…or I’d like to think that was the case. The soldiers do have a choice. Our military is purely voluntary. Those who choose to unlist, do so with selfless gains. They make a sacrifice that the rest of us don’t have the ability to do. Many of them do not believe in the causes we are fighting for. But believe, if they don’t go, then no one else will. What do they get in return? One day. A parade. A bunch of people posting things on Facebook. I get that on my birthday and I’ve never fought for anything. Okay, maybe not the parade part. We need to do more for our soldiers 365 days a year. Better care, better pensions, better support…not just from the government…but from us. Yesterday was Memorial Day…but I’d like everyone to thank a soldier today because it’s just a Tuesday.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By Jack Johnson:
1. Symbol in My Driveway (On & On)
2. Banana Pancakes (In Between Dreams)
3. Never Know (In Between Dreams)
4. Flake (Brushfire Fairytales)
5. Cookie Jar (On & On)
6. Go On (Sleep Through The Static)
7. The News (Brushfire Fairytales)
8. Imagine (John Lennon Tribute Album)
9. Taylor (On & On)
10. Better Together (In Between Dreams)
11. If I Had Eyes (Sleep Through The Static)
Buy The new Jack Johnson “To The Sea”……now!