Let’s just get one thing straight. There are two versions of the Kings of Leon. There’s the diry south, grungy unwashed version that delivered the first three albums. Now we have the second incarnation of the band that has gone for a smoother, grander sound in the vein of U2. Most of the fans that have been follwing the band since the Youth and Aha days, curse the new version of the band. They’re sell-outs. They’re knock-offs. They just all out suck. But do they? Are they? Let’s for a minute imagine if the first 3 Kings albums didn’t exist. Imagine if their first album was Only By The Night. Would they still suck? Or would people have a different view of them? I’ll be the first one to say that I like their early albums better than their recent offerings…but that doesn’t mean the new albums are bad. Sex On Fire is still one of the best songs of the past decade. And Caleb Followill has one of the best rock voices out there. His voice is so good it could be and r&b…and isn’t that what Sex on Fire really is…an r&b song?
I honestly wish there were more bands out there who sold-out like the Kings of Leon. How much better would the world of music be if that was the case?
Here are the 11 Best Songs By Kings of Leon
1. Sex on Fire (Only By The Night)
2. Knocked Up (Because The Times)
3. The Bucket (Aha Shake Heartbreak)
4. True Love Way (Because the Times)
5. Closer (Only By The Night)
6. McFearless (Because the Times)
7. Soft (Aha Shake Heartbreak)
8. California Waiting (Youth And Manhood)
9. Use Somebody (Only By The Night)
10. Spiral Staircase (Youth And Manhood)
11. Velvet Snow (Aha Shake Heartbreak)
Buy the Kings of Leon’s new album, Come Around Sundown now!!