Built out of the ashes of the trip-hop movement in the ’90s, Morcheeba may be the lone survivor of a genre that seems to ripen with age. With only a thread of Massive Attack remaining, a Portishead that may be still around but who really knows, and Tricky who gave up trip-hop for a less longstanding ’90s genre called grunge, Morcheeba remains the only artist from that era who is still keeping pace. Their last album wasn’t just a welcome return, it was like the band transported it via telephone booth from 1996 to our doorsteps (or earbuds). Trip-hop was a brief moment in musical time. It hit softly, made a little imprint, but has withheld the test of time. Like Pearl Jam, Morcheeba has struggled but emerged stronger than ever.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By Morcheeba:
- Blindfold (The Big Calm)
- The Music That We Here (The Big Calm)
- Tape Loop (Who Can You Trust?)
- Blood Like Lemonade (Blood Like Lemonade)
- Undress Me Now (Charango)
- Trigger Hippie (Who Can You Trust?)
- Recipe For Disaster (Blood Like Lemonade)
- Wonders Never Cease (The Antidote)
- Otherwise (Charango)
- Part of the Process (The Big Calm)
- God Bless And Goodbye (The Antidote)
Buy Morcheeba’s new album, Head Up High…now!