I wonder if the music industry is purposely trying to shoot itself in the foot or they’re really just the biggest morons this side of the government. It’s like they’re making a bigger effort to fail than to succeed.
This past week, Soundgarden sold 1 million plus copies of their newest hits compilation, Telephantasm. Only it was packaged with Guitar Hero. Therefore, Billboard disqualified all those GH sales from Soundgarden’s official sales number. Instead having a well-deserved comeback #1 on the billboard charts, they sink to #24. In a digital age, SG found a way to push CDs. Something…no one can do. Yet, they did it. And instead of rewarding them and ushering in a new era of creative sales, the industry wants to bury this brilliant move…and their own careers along with it.
I don’t think it’s any surprise that I just found out that Freebass (the uber supergroup featuring Peter Hook of New Order, Mani of the Stone Roses, and for a moment Andy Rourke of the Smiths) was released two weeks ago. Who has the time to promote an album made-up of influential artists when you need to put all your effort into selling pop music’s newest crap fest?
Here’s Peter Hook’s other solo band Revenge…and a look back.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By Revenge:
1. Big Bang (One True Passion)
2. Little Pig (Gun World Porn EP)
3. Slave (One True Passion)
4. Deadbeat (Gun World Porn EP)
5. Televive (V2.0/Be Careful What You Wish For)
6. Soul (V2.0/Be Careful What You Wish For)
7. Surf Nazi (One True Passion)
8. Cloud Nine (Gun World Porn EP)
9. Jesus…I Love You (V2.0/Be Careful What You Wish For)
10. The Wilding (V2.0/Be Careful What You Wish For)
11. Pineapple Face (One True Passion)
Buy Freebass’ new album, It’s a Beautiful Life.