South Park told us to blame Canada but today we may need to thank Canada for saving rock n roll. Ten years ago, The Arcade Fire put a smile on our face with a Funeral…now they’re brightening our lives with a Reflektor. It took their return to make us realize how silent our world had been without them to show us how it is done. It’s like David Bowie stuffed the Talking Heads, LCD Soundsystem, and French teacher and in a hypodermic needle and injected them into our veins. The Arcade Fire have made a career of shining light on dim worlds. From enlightening a funeral to electrocharging religion to enriching everyday life, The Arcade Fire is the dawn from the dusk. Which reminds me, don’t forget to set your clocks back this weekend for Daylight Savings Time. It gives you an extra hour to listen to the new album.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By The Arcade Fire:
- Suburban War (The Suburbs)
- Ready To Start (The Suburbs)
- Neighborhood #3 Power Out (Funeral)
- Rebellion Lies (Funeral)
- We Used To Wait (The Suburbs)
- Month of May (The Suburbs)
- No Cars Go (Neon Bible)
- Keep The Car Running (Neon Bible)
- The Suburbs (The Suburbs)
- Wake Up (Funeral)
- Antichrist Television Blues (Neon Bible)
Buy The Arcade Fire’s new album, Reflektor…now!!