With all the problems in the world this week, it’s no wonder that America focused on one of the most trivial…that of Andrew Weiner. It amuses me how we all act so offended from what he did…but we all have friends who have done this. And we’re still friends with them. What’s possibly the most troubling about this situation isn’t that he did it or that he got caught…but he’s more than likely not the only one doing it. I’m sure if we probed all of our politicians…at least 50% of them would resign from sex scandals. Yet, they still act so offended like they would never do the same thing…until the next week when they’re caught for something worse.
This week, the Arctic Monkeys have come under fire for the cover of their new album. It’s crude and it’s offensive. What is it? It’s a plain white cover. Off-white really. But it’s not the picture per se, it’s the picture coupled with the title “Suck It and See.” Angered people with too much time in their lives argue it infers male semen. It infers? It’s rock n roll. Everything in rock n roll is an inference of sex. Do you know how many songs in the top 100 Billboard songs refer to or infer sex? All of them! Why pick on the Arctic Monkeys when everyone is “doing it?” That’s an inference to sex.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By The Arctic Monkeys:
1. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor (Whatever People Say I Am)
2. Still Take You Home (Whatever People Say I Am)
3. Do Me a Favour (Favourite Worst Nightmare)
4. Fake Tales of San Francisco (Whatever People Say I Am)
5. Dancing Shoes (Whatever People Say I Am)
6. Brainstorm (Favourite Worst Nightmare)
7. The View From The Afternoon (Whatever People Say I Am)
8. Crying Lightning (Humbug)
9. From The Ritz To The Rubble (Whatever People Say I Am)
10. Too Much To Ask (Flourescent Adolescent B-Side)
11. Catapult (Cornerstone B-Side)
Buy the new Arctic Monkeys’ album, Suck It and See…now!!!