You know how a picture says a thousand words? I think this picture of the CD racks at a local Target speaks volumes to the problems within the music industry. I went to pick up the new Cold War Kids CD at Target. They didn’t have it. “Out of stock” was the answer I was given. In fact, they were out of stock of many hot artists. In the top 20 slots they were out of stock on 14 titles. The music labels keep complaining that illegal downloading is killing them. No one is buying CDs anymore. Maybe the reason no one is buying CDs anymore is because you’re not selling any of them! How are we supposed to buy CDs if you won’t even stock them? This rack was specifically set up for certain artists. Target obviously had these titles at one time. Which means people obviously bought them. Am I the only one perplexed by this?
On a side note, they had dozens of copies of Snooki’s new book.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By the Cold War Kids:
1. Something Is Not Right With Me (Loyalty To Loyalty)
2. Audience (Behave Yourself)
3. Mexican Dogs (Loyalty to Loyalty)
4. We Used To Vacation (Robbers & Cowards)
5. Hang Me Up To Dry (Robbers & Cowards)
6. I’ve Seen Enough (Loyalty To Loyalty)
7. Welcome to The Occupation (Loyalty To Loyalty)
8. Hospital Beds (Robbers & Cowards)
9. Coffee Spoon (Behave Yourself)
10. God Make Up Your Mind (Robbers & Cowards)
11. Dreams Old Men Dream (Loyalty To Loyalty)
Buy the new Cold War Kids – Mine Is Yours