I have to dedicate tonight’s post to Jack White and his outstanding Third Man Records. Jack White may not only be one of the greatest musicians out there today…he also gets. He gets music. He doesn’t use autotune. He doesn’t blast the levels out of his productions. He lets the music speak for itself rather than letting the engineer make it into whatever pop schlock than can conjure. His record label Third Man Records isn’t just a record label. It’s also a record store. Which isn’t just a record store. It’s also a recording studio…and a performance hall. It’s one of the only places you can see a show performed, engineered, packaged and sold all at the same time. And best of all, it’s all overseen and produced by Jack White, so you know it’s not going to be watered down by some tone deaf A&R douche just trying to impress his ex-girlfriend by getting back stage passes to the Script’s upcoming concert. But wait…there’s more. Third Man Records also releases exclusive editions of their albums. Colored vinyl, limited pressing, triple decker records. You know what a triple decker record is? It’s a record inside a record. I don’t know how practical it is…but I sure as hell want one.
Check out Third Man Records and help support someone trying to make our music world just a bit better.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By The Dead Weather:
1. The Difference Between Us (Sea of Cowards)
2. Treat Me Like Your Mother (Horehound)
3. No Hassle Night (Horehound)
4. Hang You From The Heavens (Horehound)
5. Outside (Horehound B-Side)
6. You Just Can’t Win (Treat Me Like Your Mother)
7. I’m Mad (Sea of Cowards)
8. I Cut Like A Buffalo (Horehound)
9. Forever My Queen (From the Vault)
10. Gasoline (Sea of Cowards)
11. Blue Blood Blues (Sea of Cowards)
Buy Wanda Jackson’s new album, The Party Ain’t Over, now (produced by Jack White).