A new season of Fantasy Football is like a new year in music. Every year/season you have your old reliables. The players (& bands) who always meet your expectations. Then you have the old guns who still have a few moments still left in the tank but overall they’re on their way out. And finally, you have the newcomers. From the rookies who bring on the unexpected to the second year players who have to deal with the sophomore slump. In music, nothing is more crucial than the sophomore album. The second album is almost more important than the debut. On a debut, bands are give a little bit of slack. As long as your debut shows promise, it’s acceptable. On the sophomore album, there is no slack. You either show up with your A game…or your game is over. A second album that doesn’t meet expectation can have a trigger effect on a band’s entire career. A weak second album will make the world think your first album was a fluke and you’ll be shut you out. A strong showing on a second album will almost solidify you as a legit band for the rest of your career. The Naked and Famous deliver their second album this week. After their hype-heavy debut, it will be up to their new album to move them forward.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By The Naked and Famous:
- Young Blood (Passive Me, Aggressive You)
- Punching In a Dream (Passive Me, Aggressive You)
- All Of This (Passive Me, Aggressive You)
- Spies Spies Spies (This Machine)
- Eyes (Passive Me, Aggressive You)
- Serenade (This Machine)
- Meeting People Sucks (This Machine)
- Girls Like You (Passive Me, Aggressive You)
- Birds (No Light)
- Frayed (Passive Me, Aggressive You)
- Wild (Punching in a Dream)
Buy The Naked & Famous new album, In Rolling Waves…now!