When it came to hair metal, Warrant seemed to be the butt of many jokes. They were the epitome of the stereo-typical hair metal 80s band. They had the cheesy songs…but they still managed to have the big hits. They had the big hair, the leather, and the hot girl in the video. Their songs were loaded with sexual innuendo and cliches about unrequited love. But despite the rolling of the eyes when their name is mentioned in hipster company, the band had a strong handful of hits that remain perfect examples of that signature 80s sound.
Jani Lane died this week. Lead singer of an 80s band that never received any respect. Yet, this is a band who sold more copies of their first two albums than Amy Winehouse sold of her first two albums. I’m not saying that one is better than the other…or even that album sales mean anything…but it does shine a little perspective on it.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By Warrant:
1. Uncle Tom’s Cabin (Cherry Pie)
2. Mr. Rainmaker (Cherry Pie)
3. All My Bridges Are Burning (Dog Eat Dog)
4. Down Boys (Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinkin’ Rich)
5. Quicksand (Dog Eat Dog)
6. Big Talk (Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinkin’ Rich)
7. Ridin High (Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinkin’ Rich)
8. Bitter Pill (Dog Eat Dog)
9. Photograph (Leppardmania)
10. Heaven (Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinkin’ Rich)
11. Blind Faith (Cherry Pie)