In this digital age, releases follow no rules. Last week, Kid Cudi dropped an album (Satellite Flight) without any warning. Beyonce dropped an album out of the blue at the end of last year. My Bloody Valentine left us hanging for 22 years before their new album appeared out of nowhere. On the other hand, U2 and Tool spent all last week baiting us with the prospect of a new album only to swipe the rug out from under us for yet…another year. As much as Axl Rose let us hang on…at least he leaked a song or two (or three) in the hiatus.
We Are Scientists may not have the same world-wide phenomenon status as the other bands, but they are a diligent workingman’s band. It’s been four years since the band’s last album and there’s been fewer updates in between their last release, Barbara, in 2010, than whatever JJ Abrams is currently working on. News of their new album was a welcome surprise for a band that left the impression that they may never be coming back. Lucky for us…they did.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By We Are Scientists:
- Cash Cow (With Love And Squalor)
- Lethal Enforcer (Brain Thrust Mastery)
- I Don’t Bite (Barbara)
- Worth The Wait (With Love And Squalor)
- That’s What Counts (Brain Thrust Mastery)
- Chick Lit (Brain Thrust Mastery)
- This Scene Is Dead (With Love And Squalor)
- Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt (With Love And Squalor)
- Jack & Ginger (Barbara)
- It’s A Hit (With Love And Squalor)
- The Great Escape (With Love And Squalor)
Buy We Are Scientists new album, TV En Francais…now!