We all have our favorites. We all have artists who we follow. We all have artists who we can listen to no matter the album, whether it’s considered their best or their worst. For me that artist is Tom Petty. He has been one of my favorites for over 25 years. He also may be the only artist among my favorites I’ve never seen live. That changed this week. After going through a deeply frustrating personal set-back, one of my best friends came through out of the blue with a free ticket to his show in Anaheim. It could not have come at a better time, and it was exactly what I needed. Tom Petty…40 years a rock n roll star…put on one of the best rock shows I have ever seen. It was big, personal, and filled with every riff I ever wanted to hear out of Petty’s mouth or Campbell’s guitar. Today, I have gratitude that when we get knocked down that our friends are there to pick us up.
One of Petty’s best rock friends is the one and only Stevie Nicks. Many people don’t know that Nicks almost became a member of the Heartbreakers in the 80s. Nicks may have had a massive career in dysfunctional family of Fleetwood Mac but her solo outings were ripe with huge duets and guests that made her equally respected on her own. And with Mike Campbell sneaking into every one of her solo albums, it’s safe to say that she might as well be a Heartbreaker.
Here are the 11 Best Stevie Nicks Team-Ups:
- Stand Back w/ Prince (The Wild Heart)
- Stop Draggn’ My Heart Around w/ Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (Bella Donna)
- Whenever I Call You Friend w/ Kenny Loggins (Nightwatch)
- I Will Run To You w/ Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (The Wild Heart)
- Leather and Lace w/ Don Henley (Bella Donna)
- Magnet And Steel w/ Walter Egan (Not Shy)
- You Can’t Fix This w/ Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Rami Jaffe (Reel To Reel)
- Too Far From Texas w/ Natalie Maines (Trouble in Shangri-La)
- Sorcerer w/ Marilyn Martin (Streets of Fire)
- Everybody Loves You w/ Dave Stewart (In Your Dreams)
- Twisted w/ Lindsey Buckingham (Twister Soundtrack)
Buy Stevie Nicks new album, 24 Karat Gold…now!!