There’s no bigger nightmare in LA than the 405. It was always bad. But it was a reliable bad. Since they started construction on the 405…about 5 years ago…traffic has not only grown worse, it has become almost unbearable. And it’s not just the 405 that’s undriveable, it’s every freeway in LA. It’s a ripple effect that has clogged every major road artery in the city. The construction (originally supposed to end in the fall of 2013) is currently scheduled to be finished by the end of 2015. That’s nearly 2 and half years behind schedule and the rumor is they’re about 200 million over-budget. If I went 200 dollars over budget on a project, I’d be fired. If they’re so far over budget, why do I have to pay for it? Angelenos are looking at about 10 years of horrendous, productivity-stifling traffic just to add one carpool lane. Maybe will traffic will be slightly better when it’s done…but will it be worth it? The only ones who look to be coming out on top in this whole business is the construction company who can’t even get the work done right in the first place.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By Porcupine Tree of the 00s:
1. Arriving Somewhere But Not Here (Deadwing)
2. Fear of a Blank Planet (Fear of a Blank Planet)
3. Cholorform (In Absentia)
4. Deadwing (Deadwing)
5. Anesthetize (Fear of a Blank Planet)
6. Way Out of Here (Fear of a Blank Planet)
7. The Creator Has A Mastertape (In Absentia)
8. Open Car (Deadwing)
9. Buying New Soul (Lightbulb Sun)
10. Time Flies (The Incindent)
11. The Sound of Muzak (In Absentia)
Buy Steven Wilson’s new solo album, The Raven That Refused To Sing…now!!