When the Kills came out, they had the unfortunate luck of have a band name that was only a couple letters off a the more commercially popular Killers. Killers fans came out in droves to accuse the band of trying to milk off the Killers success. Those who bothered to stick around and listen for a bit, discovered they were a very different breed of band. They fell more into the White Stripes world rather than the world of 80s throwback dance. But that only opened another can of worms. Now, White Stripes fans were giving them crap for trying to rip off the Stripes sound. When Jack White recruited The Kills singer, Allison Mosshart, to join his Dead Weather wrecking crew, he legitimized them. Ten years down the road, the Stripes are no more. The Killers are less relevant than the 80s music their mimicking…and The Kills are still rocking.
Be sure to check out my $5 store for an updated roster of new albums…many recent releases among the classics.
Here are the 11 Best Songs By The Kills:
- Black Balloon (Midnight Boom)
- Cat Claw (Keep On Your Mean Side)
- Last Day Of Magic (Midnight Boom)
- Pull A U (Keep On Your Mean Side)
- Rodeo Town (No Wow)
- Tape Song (Midnight Boom)
- Night Train (B-Side)
- Love Is a Deserter (No Wow)
- Goodnight Bad Morning (Midnight Boom)
- Black Rooster (Keep On Your Mean Side)
- The Good Ones (No Wow)